No one adopts a strategy expecting it to fail, yet strategies fail. That doesn’t happen on purpose but it also doesn’t happen by accident.
Christele Canard, founder of Switched On Leadership, interviewed Competing.com co-founder Mark Chussil for the cover-story subject why strategies fail. You can read and download their wide-ranging discussion here.
Christele and Mark talk about:
- Why smart strategists believe their strategy will work and what happens when they find out in business war games that it won’t.
- What happened when Mark built a strategy decision test technology (patent pending) and his own strategies didn’t work so well. (Hint: first, he looked for a bug in the software. There was no bug.)
- Why people are so comfortable thinking inside the box and what it takes to get them to go outside.
- What’s wrong with “I did this and the result was that” reasoning.
- How people can expand their strategic thinking with a simple question.